Huxley is a new cult Korean skincare range boasting natural extracts that provide a wealth of hydration. Their key ingredient focus is cactus oils which have been known to be a key beauty staple for women in the Saharan desert. This is the first brand that has used cactus oil as a hero ingredient in the range.
I bought the infamous toner and oil essence as they seemed to be the winning choice amongst reviewers. Can we just take a moment to have a look at the beautiful packaging? It is so minimalistic and clean that I didn't even use it for the first 2 weeks I got back. I loved the whole experience of using it. The glass bottle of the toner was elegant and had a nice weight to it.
Claims (Extract It Toner)
With over 90% natural ingredients and an alcohol and water-free formula, the Extract It Toner is packed with Organic Sahara Prickly Pear Cactus Seed Extract and other botanicals, which provide superior hydration and antioxidant nutrition to the skin. This pH-balancing toner helps to restore and improve skin's natural protective barrier, enhancing the absorption of any skincare treatments layered on top of it while also strengthening and softening skin.
Claims (Oil Essence)
Huxley’s Oil Essence strengthens and energizes with antioxidant-rich ingredients such as Sahara Cactus Oil, Quinoa, and Acai berry. Comprised of 61% Sahara Cactus Seed Oil, a non-comedogenic oil high in Vitamin E and antioxidants, is revered for its ability to quickly absorb into skin while imparting lasting hydration and protecting the skin from stress and aging with its high concentration of antioxidants.
It says to use it on a cotton pad or your hands. Me being the stingy skincare junkie I decided to use it on my hands and pat it into my skin. It made it sooooooooo soft. Like baby's butt soft. And I haven't even got to the essence. Also, you HAVE to smell this toner. It is light and fresh that it seriously changes the game for natural skincare.
I adore this little bottle of goodness. It comes out in a consistency in between water and oil (like the Josie Argan Milk) except the colour is soft and milky. The smell is so divine, I seriously love putting this on my skin. It absorbs really quickly but doesn't leave an oily residue.. What I like is the fact you still get that post-oil glow!
Side note: I think my dropper may have lost its power on the flight home because it is SUPER difficult to get any into the nozzle. I have to keep pressing it! Does this happen to anyone else?
I felt a major difference in the weeks of trying this. My skin before hand was really dry and tight, so it was perfect time to try it!
I loved how quickly the products absorbed into my skin without having that tight feeling. It just meant that it hydrated just enough. I would have loved to try the oil essence for dry skin just to compare.
My skin was really bouncy and soft and I had a really nice radiance when I wore it though the day. It also layers nicely under makeup! The toner was also very gentle in that it didn't sting on tingle on my skin.
Look at all those yummy ingredients.
- Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem is the cactus, so we have both the cactus extract and oil for hydration.
- Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract is a species of holly (hello Christmas)
- Prunus Mume Fruit is the Asian plum blossom that helps fight chronic skin yellowing and darkening through its anti-glycation action. Glycation is when the body has too much sugar that it binds with a protein or lipid molecule. This bond is quite harmful as it creates advanced glycation endpoducts (AGEs) that in essence age our skin.
- Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract is your antioxidant rich acai berry. When its in an oil, it is highly moisturising and can even sooth eczema and psoriasis (hooray for me) but it also is fast absorbing.
- Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, I didn't know this was the name for Camu Camu fruit, a highly potent source of Vitamin C. It has a wealth of good stuff that you can find here.
Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Alcohol, Water, Dimethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Seed Oil, Polyquaternium-51, Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Theobroma Caco (Cocoa) Extract, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexylglycerin, Sodium Methyl Stearoyl Taurate, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
- The difference in the toner is the added ingredients of Lagerstroemia and Cabbage flower extracts (Rosa Centifolia) which are both skin conditioning ingredients that make the toner hydrating but still lightweight.
Opuntia Ficus-indica Stem Extract, Propanediol, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Opuntia Ficus-indica Seed Oil, Lagerstroemia Indica Flower Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Water, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
Phew, I know this one was a long one. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. I seriously enjoyed using this brand and I'm literally on the glow recipe site now to find some more goodies to buy. Let me know if you ever try it!